Ethics and Resilience
Ethics and Diversity Rounds 2020
- Video: July 29, 2020 – Ethicial Challenges During the Pandemic
- Video: June 26, 2020 – The Saturation of Grief in the Time of Covid: Honouring Losses and Exploring Healing
- Video: June 5, 2020 – “I Don’t Know What To Say”: Cross-Cultural Compassionate Communication in Time of Crisis
- Presentation: Ethics and Diversity Rounds June 5, 2020
- Video: May 27, 2020 – Hope for the Best, Prepare for the Worst: Implementation of Triage in Critical Care
Ethics Frameworks, Guidelines
This MacDrop folder contains pandemic ethics frameworks, goals of care and communication resources, HHS and Ontario critical care triage resources, and palliative care guidelines.
This platform is supported by the Michener Institute of Education at UHN and has been created for health care professionals supporting COVID-19 and critically ill patients in the Province of Ontario.
Resources designed to support long-term care shared by the PoET Project: an award-winning, Ontario-based Ethics Quality Improvement project that aims to reduce consent-related errors in long-term care homes, and the transfers to hospital that can follow.
A living document supported by the Osler Covid Clinical Response Team offering information and education. The site contains guidelines on offering critical care and a framework to prepare for major surge.
A repository of public policy documents shared with the Ontario health care system and generated by the COVID-19 health system response effort.
A resource bank to support learning about ethical issues in the COVID19 pandemic, including: resource allocation, health equity, research ethics and vaccine development, and moral distress of health care providers.
A curated literature hub for tracking up-to-date scientific information about COVID-19.
A project to support exploration of current peer-reviewed literature on COVID-19 that has been curated via a systematic review approach.